HISTORY, HEROES & TREASURES
Saint Paul's grew from a small mission church, initially supported by the diocese and a generous New York City congregation, as the village of Kinderhook and the surrounding area grew.
Saint Paul's was founded on January 18, 1851 with 41 original members who made plans for a church building on a lot on present Chatham Street (Route 9) located just north of the present village hall. The new church was completed at a cost of approximately $8,000, and consecrated on June 22, 1852. In 1857, a house and land on Sylvester Street were purchased for $3,000, and this house today serves as the rectory. In 1868-69, it was decided to dismantle and reconstruct the church at a cost of $2,200 on the newly purchased land on Sylvester Street.
...Click here for details.